Santa Anita Park presents
Calling all avid and aspiring horse racing photographers!
Santa Anita Park is excited to announce the second annual 3-day Photo Workshop this April 11-13, 2019
Nationally renowned photographers Alex Evers and Scott Serio of Eclipse Sportswire will host a 3-day workshop sharing their tried-and-true methods and extensive knowledge in a combined format, using classroom lectures and editing alongside outdoor real-time experiences. This private clinic will be the opportunity of a lifetime learning from two industry experts in a one-on-one setting. It will nail the basics while pushing each person’s individual skill level to the max, all in the quest of creating the perfect image.
Cost – $800
Please note, seating is limited and this event may sell out.
The workshop will include:
- Taking photos during morning training hours capturing movement, the sunrise, and Hall of Famers galore, readily available for their close up.
- A classroom setting for a portion of each day to analyze images produced by the Eclipse Sportswire team and participants, and will include lectures on the fundamentals of photography and understanding the anatomy of an image from inception to creation.
- Access to the barn area, Press Box, roof top, saddling enclosure, silks room, racetrack surface, and other normally restricted areas.
- A barn tour by a trainer that will include being able to experience conformation photography, different lighting, and behind the scenes access.
- Participants will learn how to set up their own remotes and will get the opportunity to shoot just as official photographers do for two live days of racing included in the workshop.
- And more! View the full syllabus with in-depth information included about the 3-day Photo Workshop here.