Santa Anita Park is an iconic thoroughbred racetrack located in Arcadia, Southern California, overlooking the San Bernardino Mountains. It is owned and operated by the Stronach Group, one of the world's leading racetrack operators.
The complex incorporates a world-class thoroughbred racing track, an 850 seat indoor restaurant, large outdoor dining facilities, 12 VIP suites, several bars, concessions as well as a wide collection of distinctive Banquet spaces.
We are seeking a passionate F&B and event sales professional to lead our Hospitality Operations.
The ideal candidate will be results focused, service oriented, have a positive disposition and a proven ability to lead, coach, and motivate a diverse team. The candidate should be experienced in managing high volume, quality F&B operations as well as in leading catering sales teams.
1. Supports the General Manager and Corporate EVP of F&B in the development and implementation of the strategic plan and vision for the Hospitality division consistent with the company’s objectives
2. Provides leadership in the development and monitoring of hospitality operations, fiscal budgets, and marketing strategies to produce both short-term and long-term profitability.
3. Works closely with Finance to measure and maintain costs geared toward delivering the profitability goals set forth
4. Provides human resources leadership to include: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training, and succession planning processes that encompass the company goals
5. Develops and maintains effective communications between all operating departments
6. Develops new and analyzes existing procedures and special promotions that will improve guest patronage under the guidelines of the company’s policies
7. Ensure all dining facilities and staffs are in compliance with food handling and safety guidelines.
8. Responsible for overall guest satisfaction for all dining and banquet functions.
9. Able to create, promote, sell, and execute high quality catering functions.
10. Coordinates the development, interpretation and implementation of policies, operating procedures and training programs, manuals, directives, menus, work schedules, rules and regulations for the event sales and food & beverage personnel.
1. At least 5 years of experience in high volume, high quality dining
2. Hospitality or related degree preferred
3. Strong analytical skills, experienced with POS systems, Delphi, Excel and Word.
4. Expertise in budgeting, forecasting and capital expenditures
5. Must have a strong working knowledge of Food and Beverage preparation and presentation
6. Hotel or restaurant management and/or extensive management Food & Beverage experience in a major hotel/resort complex handling multi-unit food and beverage departments is preferred
7. Superior guest service skills, a keen eye for detail and a can-do attitude
8. Maintain flexible schedule to include working on weekends and holidays
9. Must have a professional appearance and demeanor