The Return of the
Hallo-Wieners: Wiener Dog Racing & Costume Contest
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ENTRIES. SIGN-UPS HAVE CONCLUDED.
EVENT DETAILS FOR GUESTS:
This fun and free event is taking place on the west-end of the Santa Anita Park Infield! Enter through Gate 6 for free parking and entry into our expansive Infield area (also home to our Fall Fun Fest).
Schedule of events:
- Race 1 (1:15PM)
- Race 2 (1:45 PM)
- Race 3 (2:15 PM)
- Race 4 (2:45 PM)
- COSTUME PARADE/CONTEST (3:15 PM)
- Championship Finale (3:45 PM)
PLEASE READ IF YOU PLAN ON BRINGING YOUR WIENER DOG
- All dogs must check in outside of the Infield Entrance (Enter through Gate 6 – Infield Entrance). Please read before you bring your wiener dog.
- MUST BRING PROOF OF CURRENT VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS: RABIES AND DISTEMPER/PARVO.
- NO DOGS ARE ALLOWED ON THE GRANDSTAND SIDE.
- All dogs must be checked-in after 3:00 pm. Dogs participating in a race should be check in a minimum of 30 minutes prior to their allotted race time.
- All dogs must be on a leash at all times.
- Owner/handler is responsible for their dog at all times, including cleaning up after their dog.
- Dog owners must follow instructions of Santa Anita Park staff at all times. Dogs can be expelled from Santa Anita Park for any reason.
RACING Things you should know:
- Sign up using the form below (coming soon)
- We’ll put your dachshund in a heat based on their size and give you details on when to be ready for your race
- You’ll need two handlers to take on the 30 yard-long course (a starter and a receiver)
- Winners of each heat receive a small prize and entry into the finals (Details coming soon!)
- Winner of our final race receives a grand prize (Details coming soon!)
Questions, comments or concerns? Looking to help out? Email Ricardo at firstname.lastname@example.org
Final Notes: Dogs MUST BE REGISTERED in order to take part in events. Dogs MUST BE OF THE DACHSHUND BREED (Wiener Dog) TO PARTICIPATE! Must submit picture and some proof of breed when you apply. All other dogs are subject to disqualification. All dogs participating in the event, racing or otherwise, must have the above paperwork in order to be permitted into Santa Anita Park. NO EXCEPTIONS.