Play at Santa Anita
Derby Day Challenge
WE’RE SORRY, BUT THIS CONTEST HAS BEEN POSTPONED
Santa Anita Park will remain closed for live racing through April 5, 2020 as it abides by the order issued last week from the Los Angeles County Health Department as it relates to essential businesses (full story here). At this time, there are no known cases of COVID-19 at Santa Anita Park.
As a result, the Santa Anita Derby and Santa Anita Oaks, which were set to headline the racing program on Saturday, April 4, will be rescheduled for later in the season after racing resumes.
Please note that both handicapping contests that were scheduled for this weekend have been cancelled. However, we do plan to reschedule the Santa Anita Derby Handicapping Challenge and the $500 contest to occur on the new Santa Anita Derby weekend. The new dates and an updated handicapping contest schedule will be announced as soon as we get approval from Los Angeles County to resume racing.
We apologize for any inconvenience, and for questions or assistance, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLAYERS THAT QUALIFIED FOR APRIL 4 OR 5
For players that have qualified into either the Santa Anita Derby Handicapping Challenge on Saturday, April 4 and/or the $500 April Challenge on Sunday, April 5, you are welcome to credit your entry toward a future Santa Anita Park contest, or receive a payout for the value of the entry won (subject to applicable taxes).
Although separate emails have been sent to all players that qualified into these contests, if you have not received an email and you qualified for an entry, please email email@example.com.
We wish all of you the best during these trying times and we look forward to hosting you at The Great Race Place soon.
Horseplayers, head to Santa Anita on the first Saturday in May for the all-new Derby Day Challenge. This one day, live money handicapping contest can played only at Santa Anita.
$3,000 (per entry)
($2,000 Bankroll / $1,000 Prizes)
100% of Entry Fees are Paid Out as Prizes
- Wagers: Win, Place, Show, Exacta, Trifecta, Daily Double, and the Golden Hour Double from Santa Anita.
- Contest Races: ALL races at Santa Anita, plus the majority of races from Churchill Downs on Saturday, May 2, 2020. (Races from Churchill Downs to be announced on April 29, 2020)
- Players must wager on a minimum of 5 races at a minimum of $200 on each of the 5 races.
- Players must wager a minimum of their entire $2,000 bankroll during the contest.
- No maximum wagers – players may wager as much as they want, including winnings.
- Daily Double wagers will count toward the wagering total in the race the bet is placed. For example, a Daily Double wager on Race 4 (linking to Race 5) will count as a wager on Race 4.
PRIZES (Based on 80 Entries)
– 2 Entries into 2021 Pegasus World Cup Betting Championship
– 4 Entries into the 2020 Preakness Challenge at Santa Anita
– 2 Entries into the 2021 National Horseplayers Championship (NHC) in Las Vegas
– $45,000 Cash Prize Pool for Top 5 Finishers
CHECK-IN AT SANTA ANITA
– Santa Anita: Eddie Logan Suite
NHC TOUR MEMBERSHIP
As required by the NTRA: All participants must be members of the NHC prior to the start of this contest in order to participate in the NHC in Las Vegas. To register for the NHC Tour, please visit https://www.ntra.com/membership/.
NHC TOUR POINTS
This is an official NHC Tour event and NHC points will be awarded in accordance with NHC Tour rules and policies.
Maximum of two (2) entries per person.
Note: Information on this page is tentative and subject to change. If you pay with Credit Card a 1% fee will be charged. You can avoid this fee by paying with cash.