Presented by Santa Anita & Xpressbet
$500 February Betting Challenge
FINAL PRIZE POOL
309 Total Entries
$70,100 in Prizes
- Nine (9) entries into 2020 Ultimate Betting Challenge on March
- Four (4) entries into the 2021 NHC, hotel and $500 for travel
- $20,000 Cash Prize Pool to Top 5
1st Place: $10,000
2nd Place: $4,000
3rd Place: $3,000
4th Place: $2,000
5th Place $1,000
- $1,500 On-Track Bonus to Santa Anita Player that finishes highest in standings (funded 100% by Santa Anita)
PLAY ON-TRACK, OR ONLINE WITH XPRESSBET!
$500, per entry
($300 Bankroll / $200 Prizes)
100% of entry fees paid out as prizes
WHERE TO PLAY
- On-track at Santa Anita Park
- Online on Xpressbet
PRIZES (Based on 175 Entries)*
- Six (6) entries into the 2020 Ultimate Betting Challenge on March 7, 2020 ($3,000 full entry, per entry prize)
- Two (2) entries into the National Horseplayers Championship (NHC) valid for 2021
- Four night stay at Bally’s in Las Vegas and a $500 travel reimbursement for all NHC qualifiers.
- $10,000 Cash Prize Pool to the Top Five Finishers
- $1,500 On-Track Cash Prize to player on-track that finishes highest in the final standings
- Tournament races include ALL races at Santa Anita Park and Races 6 – 9 at Golden Gate Fields on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
- Permitted wagers are Win, Place, Show, Exacta, Trifecta, and Daily Double.
- Players must wager on a minimum of three (3) contest races at a minimum of $50 on each of the three (3) races.
- Players must wager a minimum of their entire $300 bankroll during the contest.
- There are no maximums – players may wager as much as they want, including the winnings from their bankroll, whenever they wish.
- Daily Double wagers will count toward the wagering total in the race the bet is placed. For example, a Daily Double wager on the Race 4 (linking to Race 5) will count as a wager on Race 4.
The on-track player at Santa Anita that finishes highest in the final standings of this contest will receive a $1,500 cash prize.
$40 QUALIFIERS FOR THIS CONTEST
Win a full $500 entry into this contest thru Santa Anita’s on-track $40 handicapping contests:
- Saturday, January 11, 2020 – Tom Mulligan
- Sunday, January 12, 2020 – Peter Serdarusich
- Saturday, January 18, 2020 – Cresencio Dacayan
- Sunday, January 19, 2020 – James Root
- Sunday, January 26, 2020 – Mike Park
- Saturday, February 1, 2020 – Steve Schnakenberg
- Saturday, February 8, 2020 – George Ortuzar
- Sunday, February 9, 2020 – Mark Hackworth
- Saturday, February 15, 2020 – Chris Podratz + Mark Hackworth
- Sunday, February 16, 2020 – Terry Kane + Bill Wolf
Max three (3) entries per person.
Per the NTRA, contest players must be a member of the NHC Tour prior to the start of this contest in order to be eligible to accept NHC prize entries. Signup for the NHC here.
NHC TOUR POINTS
This is an official NHC Tour event and NHC points will be awarded in accordance with NHC Tour rules and policies.
* The promoted prize pool above is an example based on 175 total entries in this contest. The final prize pool is dependent upon total entries into this contest. Santa Anita Park and Xpressbet reserve the right to adjust the total prize pool. The final prize pool will be announced on Saturday, February 22, 2020 after the entry period has closed.