Play On-track or Online
$500 April Challenge
WE’RE SORRY, BUT THIS CONTEST HAS BEEN POSTPONED
Santa Anita Park will remain closed for live racing through April 5, 2020 as it abides by the order issued last week from the Los Angeles County Health Department as it relates to essential businesses (full story here). At this time, there are no known cases of COVID-19 at Santa Anita Park.
As a result, the Santa Anita Derby and Santa Anita Oaks, which were set to headline the racing program on Saturday, April 4, will be rescheduled for later in the season after racing resumes.
Please note that both handicapping contests that were scheduled for this weekend have been cancelled. However, we do plan to reschedule the Santa Anita Derby Handicapping Challenge and the $500 contest to occur on the new Santa Anita Derby weekend. The new dates and an updated handicapping contest schedule will be announced as soon as we get approval from Los Angeles County to resume racing.
We apologize for any inconvenience, and for questions or assistance, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLAYERS THAT QUALIFIED FOR APRIL 4 OR 5
For players that have qualified into either the Santa Anita Derby Handicapping Challenge on Saturday, April 4 and/or the $500 April Challenge on Sunday, April 5, you are welcome to credit your entry toward a future Santa Anita Park contest, or receive a payout for the value of the entry won (subject to applicable taxes).
Although separate emails have been sent to all players that qualified into these contests, if you have not received an email and you qualified for an entry, please email email@example.com.
We wish all of you the best during these trying times and we look forward to hosting you at The Great Race Place soon.
PLAY ON-TRACK, OR ONLINE WITH XPRESSBET!
$500, per entry
($300 Bankroll / $200 Prizes)
100% of entry fees paid out as prizes
WHERE TO PLAY
- On-track at Santa Anita Park
- Online on Xpressbet
PRIZES (Based on 175 Entries)*
- Six (6) entries into player’s choice of 2020 Derby Day Challenge, or the 2020 Preakness Challenge
- Two (2) entries into the National Horseplayers Championship (NHC) valid for 2021
- Four night stay at Bally’s in Las Vegas and a $500 travel reimbursement for all NHC qualifiers.
- $10,000 Cash Prize Pool to the Top Five Finishers
- $1,500 On-Track Cash Prize to player on-track that finishes highest in the final standings
- Tournament races include ALL races at Santa Anita Park, plus the last four races at Golden Gate Fields on Sunday, April 5, 2020.
- Permitted wagers are Win, Place, Show, Exacta, Trifecta, Daily Double, and the Golden Hour Double.
- Players must wager on a minimum of three (3) contest races at a minimum of $50 on each of the three (3) races.
- Players must wager a minimum of their entire $300 bankroll during the contest.
- There are no maximums – players may wager as much as they want, including the winnings from their bankroll, whenever they wish.
- Daily Double wagers will count toward the wagering total in the race the bet is placed. For example, a Daily Double wager on the Race 4 (linking to Race 5) will count as a wager on Race 4.
The on-track player at Santa Anita that finishes highest in the final standings of this contest will receive a $1,500 cash prize. (Funded 100% by Santa Anita)
$40 QUALIFIERS FOR THIS CONTEST
Win a full $500 entry into this contest thru Santa Anita’s on-track $40 handicapping contests:
- Saturday, March 14
- Sunday, March 15
- Saturday, March 21
- Sunday, March 22
- Saturday, March 28
- Sunday, March 29
Max three (3) entries per person.
Per the NTRA, contest players must be a member of the NHC Tour prior to the start of this contest in order to be eligible to accept NHC prize entries. Signup for the NHC here.
NHC TOUR POINTS
This is an official NHC Tour event and NHC points will be awarded in accordance with NHC Tour rules and policies.
* The promoted prize pool above is an example based on 175 total entries in this contest. The final prize pool is dependent upon total entries into this contest. Santa Anita Park and Xpressbet reserve the right to adjust the total prize pool. The final prize pool will be announced on Sunday, April 5, 2020 after the entry period has closed.