- Live Racing
- Racing Information
- Press Box
- The Park
- Host an Event
- New Fans
- Get Tickets
The Spero Foundation
LOCAL FOUNDATION HOSTS FUND RAISER TO SUPPORT CANCER RESOURCE CENTER
The Spero Foundation will be hosting their 3rd Annual event “Hopes for Hope” a beer and fine food pairing dinner to be held on Saturday, November 10th at the beautiful Chandelier Room at Santa Anita Park. The guests will enjoy a gourmet beer pairing of microbrewed/crafted beer and fine food. Enjoy an exceptional meal while learning about the fundamentals of brewing the perfect glass of beer. Here are the beers to enjoy at the Hops for Hope Dinner. They represent 5 unique styles from 5 different breweries from 4 different countries.
- Unita Brewery, Salt Lake City USA, HooDoo Kolsch, a Blonde lager in the Belgium Kolsch Style sweet malt flavor and a clean crisp finish.
- Brasserie Lefebvre, Belgium, Blache de Bruxelles, a Belgium white beer with citrus and spice flavors.
- Weihenstephaner Brewery, Germany, Vitus Weizen Bock, a German wheat style bock Beer, Golden Brown with a full body and rich maltiness.
- Unibroue Brewey, Chambly Canada, Maudite,A strong Amber with a rich copper red color and a warm nut like finish.
- Brouwerij Van Steenberge, Belgium, Monks Cafe Sour Ale, a Flemish style red ale with a cheery tart finish.
A silent and live auction, including special sports memorabilia, will round out the evening. Proceeds from Hops for Hope will go to help the Arcadia Methodist Hospital’s “The Year Beyond” – an extensive support program for professional services for cancer patients & survivors and the Zenyatta Lounge – a comfortable place for the women who reside at the back-stretch of Santa Anita Park.
The Spero Foundation was formed 4 years ago to raise awareness and capital for charities, bringing hope to people in need. In the last year the Foundation has donated over $40,000 to support local programs and delivered over 100 food baskets during the holiday season. Hope is not our wish…it is our goal.
Pre-sale only tickets are now available from the Foundation by contacting (626) 355-HOPE or visiting the website www.thesperofoundation.org.