- Live Racing
- Racing Information
- Press Box
- The Park
- Host an Event
- New Fans
- Get Tickets
STAGE SET FOR MASSIVE RAINBOW PICK 6 POOL ON MONDAY; GULFSTREAM PARK’S POPULAR 20 CENT WAGER EXPECTED TO GENERATE TOTAL POOL THAT COULD APPROACH $20 MILLION
WAGERING AVAILABLE AT SANTA ANITA, MANDATORY PAYOUT CREATES SENSE OF PARI-MUTUEL URGENCY
HALLANDALE BEACH, FL – Let the Rainbow 6 handicapping begin!
The fields for Monday’s 20-Cent Rainbow 6 sequence at Gulfstream Park were drawn Thursday, giving bettors a jump on handicapping the popular multi-race wager that will offer a mandatory payout that could swell to the $16 million range if betting reaches $10 million estimates.
The potential for a life-changing score will highlight Gulfstream Park’s Memorial Day card if the Rainbow 6 goes unsolved on Saturday and Sunday’s programs. There will be a record $6,303,426.30 carryover jackpot available heading into Saturday’s card. In order to crack the jackpot, a Rainbow 6 bettor must hold the only unique ticket with the winners of the final six races on the card. However, on Monday, the whole multi-million pool must be paid out in full, whether there is a single ticket or multiple tickets with all six race winners.
Gulfstream's 10 race Memorial Day program drew full fields and a total of 120 horses. There were a total of 79 horses entered in the Rainbow 6 races.
Monday’s Rainbow 6 sequence will start on Race 5 and finish on Race 10. The races are:
• Race 5 is scheduled to be run at 1 1/16 miles on turf. The Rainbow 6 kickoff attracted a field 12 of maidens, 3-year-olds and up, and an also-eligible.
• Race 6 is slated to be run at 6 ½ furlongs on the main track. The maiden special weight race attracted a field of 11, 3-year-olds and up.
• Race 7 is set for 1 1/16 miles on turf. The optional claiming allowance drew a field of 12 and one also-eligible.
• Race 8 will be a six-furlong event on the main track. The $6,250 claiming race attracted a field of 11 fillies and mares, 3-year-olds and up.
• Race 9 is an optional claiming allowance scheduled for 1 1/16 miles on turf. A field of 12, along with four also-eligibles, was entered in the race for 3-year-olds and up.
• Race 10 is a 1 1/16-mile race on turf. A field of 12 fillies and mares, plus 3 also-eligibles, was entered in the race for $12,500 claimers.
Handicappers will be tested by the large, competitive fields, but the potential of hitting it big makes the challenge well worthwhile.
The Stronach Group company is North America’s leading Thoroughbred racetrack owner/operator. The Stronach Group racetracks include Santa Anita Park, Gulfstream Park & Casino, Golden Gate Fields, Portland Meadows, Laurel Park and Pimlico Race Course, home of the world-famous Preakness. The company owns and operates the Palm Meadows Training Center in Florida, and is one of North America's top race horse breeders through its award-winning Adena Springs operation. The Stronach Group is one of the world's largest suppliers of pari-mutuel wagering systems, technologies and services. Its companies include AmTote, a global leader in wagering technology; XpressBet, an Internet and telephone account wagering service; and Monarch Content Management, which acts as a simulcast purchase and sales agent of horseracing content for numerous North American racetracks and wagering outlets. The Stronach Group is also a major producer of televised horseracing programming through its HRTV cable and satellite network, as well as a leading producer of social media content for the horseracing industry. For more information contact David Joseph at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 954.457.6451.