- Live Racing
- Racing Information
- Press Box
- The Park
- Host an Event
- New Fans
- Get Tickets
BREEDERS’ CUP POST TIME AND WAGERING MENU ANNOUNCED SPECTACULAR TWO-DAYS OF WAGERING TO FEATURE TWO ALL BREEDERS’ CUP ULTRA PICK SIXES, 50-CENT PICK 4S, 10-CENT ‘SUPERS’ AND PICK 5 BETS
ARCADIA, Calif. (October 2, 2012) - The Breeders' Cup announced today the wagering menu and post times for the 29th Breeders' Cup World Championships, to be held on Friday, November 2 and Saturday, November 3 at Santa Anita Park. This year's wagering menu on the 15 Breeders' Cup races features an abundance of betting opportunities including two all Breeders' Cup Ultra Pick Sixes, 10-cent Superfectas, 50-cent Trifectas, Pick 3’s, Pick 4’s and Pick 5’s, a Ladies' Classic - Breeders' Cup Classic daily double and two Super High 5 wagers.
There will be a total of 10 races (six Breeders' Cup races) on the Championship Friday program and 12 races on Championship Saturday (9 Breeders' Cup races). Championship Friday begins at 11:15 a.m. Pacific Time with three undercard races. Champion Saturday first post is 10:05 a.m., and also begins with three undercards races.
The Official race order for both days of the World Championships will be finalized on Tuesday, October 23. The remainder of each day’s card will be set after entries and post-positions are drawn on Monday, October 29. The following is the tentative order of races for both days:
The first Championships race on Breeders’ Cup Friday is scheduled to be the $500,000 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Sprint (1:06 p.m. Pacific Time), followed by the $500,000 Breeders' Cup Marathon (1:48 p.m.); $1 million Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (2:28 p.m.); $2 million Breeders' Cup Grey Goose Juvenile Fillies (3:08 p.m.); $2 million Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Turf (3:48 p.m.) and the $2 million Breeders' Cup Ladies' Classic (4:30 p.m.). There will be an Ultra Pick Six wager on the six Friday Breeders’ Cup races with a guaranteed gross pool of $1,000,000.
On Championship Saturday, first post time is 10:05 a.m. Pacific Time, starting with the Damascus Stakes, the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Filly Turf Sprint Preview and the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies Sprint Preview. The tentative order of Breeders’ Cup races is as follows: $1 million Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf (11:50 a.m.); $1 million Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint (12:35 p.m.); $1.5 million XpressBet Breeders' Cup Sprint (1:14 p.m.); $1 million Breeders’ Cup Turf Sprint (1:57 p.m.); $1 million Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile (2:36 p.m.); $3 million Breeders' Cup Turf (3:18 p.m.); $2 million Grey Goose Breeders’ Cup Juvenile (3:58 p.m.); $2 million Breeders' Cup Mile (4:40 p.m.) and the $5 million Breeders' Cup Classic (5:30 p.m.). There will be an Ultra Pick Six wager with a guaranteed gross pool of $2 million on the Saturday program beginning with the Breeders’ Cup Turf Sprint and concluding with the Breeders’ Cup Classic.
"The Breeders’ Cup continues to be the greatest two days of wagering anywhere in the world,” said Ken Kirchner, President of FalKirk International and the manager of the Breeders' Cup wagering and simulcasting operations for the last 16 years. “With a tantalizing array of fractional wagers, like the 10 cent superfecta and fifty-cent trifectas, Pick 3s, Pick 4s and Pick 5s, players can be confident they will receive the highest betting value in all of racing. Among last year’s top payouts were a $71,510 Pick 5 for fifty cents; a $93,628 Pick 4 for $1; and a $444,571 Pick 6 for $2.”
Each Breeders’ Cup World Championships race will feature a maximum of 14 horses and wagering interests. In addition to the standard Win, Place and Show betting, there will be Exacta and Trifecta wagering on every race and rolling Pick 3 wagers beginning with the first race and continuing through all races on both Championship Friday and Championship Saturday. Among the featured wagers this year are:
• Friday's Ultra Pick 6 will have a guaranteed gross pool of $1 million and Saturday's Ultra Pick 6 will feature a $2 million guaranteed gross pool. If no one hits the Friday Ultra Pick 6, the pool will carry over into Saturday's Ultra Pick 6. The wager is a mandatory payout at the end of the Saturday program. Last year’s Friday Pick 6 paid $444,571 for 6 of 6 winners, while no one selected all six winners on Saturday and five of six winners paid $95,070 for a $2 base wager.
• Breeders’ Cup Pick 5’s are offered on the first five races each day and will give players a chance to cash a large bet for a small investment. Last year, the Saturday Pick 5 paid $71,510 for a fifty cent bet.
• The Pick 4, with a 50-cent minimum, continues to be a fan favorite bet at the Breeders' Cup. There will be three guaranteed Pick 4 pools. Friday's all Championships Pick 4 (races 6-9) will have a guaranteed pool of $1 million. This Pick 4 paid $11,714 for a $1 wager last year. On Saturday, there will be two guaranteed Pick 4s. The early all Championships Pick 4 (races 4-7) will have a $1 million guaranteed gross pool and the late all Championships Pick 4 (races 9-12) will have a $2 million gross pool. The 2011 late Pick 4 on Saturday paid $93,628 for a $1 base wager.
• There will again be a Super High Five wager on both the Breeders' Cup Ladies' Classic and the Breeders' Cup Classic. Bettors are required to select the first five finishing places on one ticket. If no one hits the Super High Five on Friday the pool will carry over to Saturday's Super High Five on the Classic. The wager is a mandatory payout after the Classic. The Super Hi 5 on the 2011 Classic paid $156,424 for a $1 wager.
• Breeders’ Cup continues to offer some of racing’s best average payouts, with the $2 exactas averaging $354; $2 trifectas averaging $2,860 and $1 superfectas averaging $11,563 in 2011.
• A Daily Double wager linking the Breeders' Cup Ladies' Classic on Friday to the Breeders' Cup Classic on Saturday will again be offered. Last year’s “Classic Double” of Ladies’ Classic winner Royal Delta and Classic winner Drosselmeyer paid $84.
2012 BREEDERS’ CUP WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS POST TIME AND WAGERING SCHEDULE
All Times Pacific
(Breeders’ Cup races in bold)
Friday, November 2
Saturday, November 3
• Friday’s Pick 5, Super Hi 5 and Pick 6 may carryover to Saturday. Each wager has a mandatory payout on
Saturday, November 3.
• Special Classic Daily Double on Friday race 9 and Saturday race 12, Lady Classic and Classic. See p. 11
• The race order for all fifteen Championship races will be set on October 23.
$2.00 - WIN, PLACE, SHOW, DAILY DOUBLE, PICK 6,
$1.00 - EXACTA, CLASSIC DAILY DOUBLE, SUPER HI 5
$.50 - TRIFECTA, PICK 3, PICK 4, PICK 5,
$.10 - SUPERFECTA
About Breeders’ Cup
The Breeders’ Cup administers the Breeders’ Cup World Championships, Thoroughbred racing’s year-end Championships. The Breeders’ Cup also administers the Breeders’ Cup Challenge qualifying series, which provides automatic starting positions into the Championships races. The 2012 Breeders’ Cup World Championships, consisting of 15 races and purses totaling more than $25 million will be held Nov. 2-3 at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, Calif. NBC and NBC Sports Network will combine to present 9 ½ hours of live coverage of the 2012 Breeders’ Cup from Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, Calif., including live primetime coverage of the $5 million Breeders’ Cup Classic on NBC on Saturday, Nov. 3 (8-9 p.m. ET). Breeders’ Cup press releases appear on the Breeders’ Cup Web site, www.breederscup.com. You can also follow the Breeders’ Cup on social media platforms, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.