WHAT: Breeders’ Cup Media Day and Brunch
Top trainers, jockeys and owners involved in the Breeders’ Cup World Championships will be in attendance for a media day to assist media in their advance coverage of the event. Approximately 12 trainers, jockeys and owners will each be seated at their individual stations, and media can move around the room to secure multiple interviews. This represents the best and most convenient time for media to gather material from many of the key participants in horse racing’s end-of-season championship races.
Following the media availability, a casual buffet brunch will be served for the media to enjoy.
The Breeders’ Cup World Championships, consisting of 13 Grade 1 races and purses and awards totaling $28 million, will be held at Santa Anita Park for a record ninth time on Friday, November 4 and Saturday, November 5, featuring racing superstar California Chrome and 11 former and returning Breeders’ Cup Champions.
WHEN: Wednesday, November 2 – 10:30-11:30 a.m.
WHERE: Santa Anita Park – Arcadia, CA – At Top O’ The Stretch – West Grandstand
WHO: Top trainers and Jockeys who are competing in the 33rd Breeders’ Cup World Championships will be available for open session interviews.
*An updated list of jockeys and trainers appearing will be sent on Monday, October 31. *
PARKING: Santa Anita Park is located at 285 West Huntington Dr. – Arcadia, CA 91007. However, do not follow GPS directions to this address, as they will send you to the wrong gate.
Media should enter through Gate 8:
- From I-210, exit Baldwin and go South 7/10 of a mile to Santa Anita Park.
- Go left just before the sign for the Westfield Mall (which abuts Santa Anita’s property. Stay to the left and do not enter the mall parking lot.
- Stay left at the fork along the hedges (going right will take you into the main parking lot) and pull up to the guard shack.
- Ask to be directed to Clockers’ Corner and park near the large, two-story white tent.
- Media Day will be held at the Top O’ the Stretch, at track level just east of Clockers’ Corner.
Contact: Jim Gluckson, Breeders’ Cup, 646-335-6835