24-DAY AUTUMN MEETING TO OPEN SEPT. 26 WITH TWO-DAY BREEDERS’ CUP WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS ON OCT. 31 & NOV. 1
ARCADIA, Calif. (Aug. 29, 2014)–Santa Anita Park has announced it will stage the Santa Anita Autumn Handicapping Challenge, featuring $100,000 in prize money, on the second weekend of its upcoming Autumn Meet, Oct. 4 & 5.
The 24-day Autumn Meet, which begins Friday, Sept. 26, will be highlighted by the two-day Breeders’ Cup World Championships on Oct. 31 and Nov. 1.
The Handicapping Challenge is a live-money contest that also features $30,000 in prize money to the top three contestants and up to five berths in the National Handicapping Contest (NHC), to be held Jan. 23, 24 & 25 in Las Vegas. Additionally, four all-important Breeders’ Cup Betting Challenge Spots will go to the top four finishers on Oct. 4 & 5.
“Our goal is to offer participants top value for their wagering dollars, with 100 percent of the entry fees paid back to the players,” said Santa Anita Vice President of Marketing, Nate Newby. “The prize pool is loaded with Breeders’ Cup Betting Challenge spots, NHC seats and cash prizes. We want our customers to know we’ve got a tremendous, newly renovated facility here at Santa Anita and we look forward to welcoming racing fans and horseplayers from across the country to The Great Race Place during our Autumn Meet.”
Prizes and conditions for the Santa Anita Handicapping Challenge are as follows:
- $4,000 total buy-in: $3,000 bankroll, with $1,000 to the prize pool.
- 100 percent of entry fees paid out as prizes.
- Players keep their entire live-money bankroll.
- Format: Win, Place, Show Exacta & Trifecta on Santa Anita Races.
- Day one prize: VIP trip to Las Vegas.
- Top five finishers qualify for the 2015 NHC in Las Vegas.
- Top four finishers win full entry to the Breeders’ Cup Betting Challenge.
- Fifth through eighth place finishers win $2,500 entry to Breeders’ Cup Betting Challenge.
- Hosted lunch and drinks in Santa Anita’s premium areas.
- Premier weekend of racing with six stakes races.
- Maximum two entries per person.
- Qualifying players earn NHC Tour Points.
**All monies predicated on 100 entries.
For additional information, including contest rules, please contact Santa Anita Vice President of Marketing Nate Newby a Nate.Newby@santaanita.com.