Take your shot!
There are few places in the Southland more picturesque than Santa Anita Park. With the magnificent San Gabriel Mountains serving as a daily backdrop, The Great Race Place is always full of photographic possibilities.
Join Santa Anita Park on Sunday, April 23 for a day especially made for the eye of the *beholder.
Photographers of every skill level will enjoy a full day at the races, beginning in the early morning hours at the renowned Clockers’ Corner and continuing on into an afternoon of racing.
* Note: The actual Beholder (mare) is no longer on the grounds here at Santa Anita. The 4X Eclipse Award winning champion was retired following her win in the 2016 Breeders’ Cup Distaff and is happily enjoying her new home in Lexington, KY at Spendthrift Farm.
Registration begins at 6:30am at Clocker’s Corner. Breakfast will be served at 10:00am.
$50 Package includes (Walk ups are $60):
- Hot Breakfast at Clockers’ Corner
- Backside, Paddock and Winner’s Circle Tours
- Special Credential for the Day (includes Club House Admission)
- Exclusive expert panel
Please read through the following rules for Photo Day:
- NO TRIPODS
- NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY AT ANY TIME
- NO fast movements, running or loud noises (i.e. yelling)
- NO smoking allowed in barn area, paddock or Winner’s Circle
- PARTICIPANTS NOT ALLOWED on the racetrack at any time
- NO barn access allowed (special exception: tram tour)
- NO open toed shoes or flip flops allowed
- DO NOT shoot from a low or crouched position when in vicinity of horses
- Horses always have the right-of-way
- Keep clear of horses and use caution at all times
- DO NOT drop your trash. Please respect the track at all times
- Abide by any instructions given by a Santa Anita Park employee/CHRB credentialed horseman
- When in doubt, please always ask a Santa Anita Park employee